Wednesday, March 12, 2008

t-shirt design

Wow!!!! I can't believe that I've been scanning, uploading and blogging for a good part of the day. The reason for the big rush of uploads is due to my close friend Chap. He's trying to help me do what I love doing. Jobs are scarce in the animation/illustration and especially for someone with very little experience in the art and design field. I know my shot at getting that job is slim to none, but the big picture here is that he's helping me move in a positive direction. Thanks Chap!!! I know that I can always count on you to be a great friend. Since I'm on the Subject, Chap's birthday is coming up soon on the 16th or is it the 18th? Damn, I suck at remembering b-days. Why not throw a shout out there. Happy Birthday good buddy. Also my other friend Vince (V-man) had a birthday on the 7th. Happy belated birthday from our family. Man... time truly flies by fast.



This is one of my newest project. I'm trying to submit these drawings to threadless.com to hopefully have this made into t-shirts. If you are picked, you receive cash and gift certificates. The down side to this is that you lose all rights to the image(s) if you win. At this point, I'm happy to get my name out there and see it can potentially land a job or something. Hummm... I'll have to think about this.


This is to the backside of the t-shirt. I'm hoping that you the viewer will be able to tell what happened without the caption.


Damn..... I should of read all the way through. I'm only allowed 8 colors. This really sucks, but this is what I get for not reading it throughly before starting. I lost some depth to the image when I had to reduce the amount of colors, but over all, It turned out okay.



Here is what the final will look like when I submit it in for a critique. I hope people will like it. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh!so here is where you leave your comment!haha!the design is really cool!it is amazing!!good luck uncle Frank:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! I've been wondering what you've been up to lately! Just wanted to say you are TALENTED, CREATIVE, DETERMINED, HARDWORKING etc.....and most of all I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

i'd buy this shirt!! do we get a discount since we know the artist? haha! just kidding! good luck!!!

Unknown said...

I like this! When Vince sent me the jpg, I said, "hey, i'd sport this".

Since you're looking for critiques and since I love wearing tshirts, and since you are going to submit this to threadless... Here's my thought.
Most threadless t-shirts only have the front of the tshirt printed on. I think it would look great also if you shrunk both images and put them both on the front -- kind of like a storyboard, one on top of the other. that way, people can see what's going on without having to see the back. but that's just me. I normally have a jacket on and my kids at school love looking at my tshirts. just putting in my two cents.

anyway, it looks awesome!